REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the rear wheel. Pull out the lockplate and remove the axle nut.
- Remove the constant velocity joint bolts at the final drive output flange.
- Use tool 33 2 110 or equivalent to press the axle through the bearing and out of the vehicle. Do not allow the halfshaft to drop.
- Place the halfshaft through the bearing and into place using tool 33 2 110 or equivalent.
- Secure the constant velocity joint bolts at the final drive output flange and tighten to 42 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Lubricate the axle nut with oil. Tighten the axle nut to 145 ft. lbs. (200 Nm) and install the lockplate with tools 33 4 050 and 00 5 500 or equivalent. Install the rear wheel.