REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Loosen the lug nut or bolts on the wheel.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut securing the outer tie rod to the steering knuckle.
- Press the tie rod off the steering knuckle.
- Remove the tie rod from the steering rack control arm.
- Loosen, cut or remove any clamps securing the boot to the arm and/or steering rack.
- Separate the boot lips from the steering rack and arm.
- Remove the rubber collar attached to the arm.
- Remove the boot from the steering rack.
- Slide the replacement boot over the steering rack arm and install in inner seal to the lip around the rack assembly.
- Slide the rubber collar down the control arm until it meets the boot. Fasten the lip around the boot to the groove in the collar.
- Install the clamp(s) around the boot.
- Rotate the steering wheel from side to side to make sure the boot does not pull or bend. Adjust if needed.
- Install the tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
- Install the wheel and lower the vehicle.