Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the negative battery lead.
WARNINGThe hydraulic unit must not be opened under any circumstance. Reassembling it requires special equipment and facilities.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTETake care not to mix up the brake lines, mark prior to removal if necessary. Seal off connection bores with plugs
The brake master cylinder
The electrical connection (1) to control unit
Brake lines must not be bent. The tubing is easily kinked causing restriction in fluid flow or fracturing the tubing causing leakage.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten retaining bolt (3) to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Tighten brake lines to master brake cylinder/hydraulic control module to 150 inch lbs. (17 Nm).
- Bleed the ABS system. Refer to Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), bleeding the ABS system.