- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel injector cover:
- Remove the ignition coil cover:
- Detach hose (1) in direction of arrow from fitting (2).
Remove cover strip (3) in direction of arrow from guide (4).
Pull lock (1) in direction of arrow and feed out flap (2).
- Unclip retainers (1).
- Remove bolt (2).
Pull out fan cover (3).
- Remove bolts (1).
Pull out fan baffle (2).
- Disconnect the electrical connection to fan motor.
- Release fan motor retainer with special tool 51 3 057.
Remove blower motor and squirrel fan.
- Place blower motor and fan into position.
- Make sure blower motor is seated correctly. Snap into retainer.
- Connect electrical connections.
- Installation continues in the reverse of the removal procedure.