Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Suction brake fluid up out of clutch hydraulic system.
- Remove supply hose from expansion tank.
- Press pin out of clutch pedal with a short screwdriver.
Remove bolts holding master cylinder in place.
NOTEDo not foul carpet with brake fluid. Detach hydraulic line from clutch master cylinder.
Remove supply hose from clutch master cylinder and remove clutch master cylinder.
NOTEDo not pull supply hose completely into interior.
- Pry out shift element (1) from clutch master cylinder (2) with screwdriver.
Remove plug connection (3) and disconnect plug (4) from shift element (1).
- Shift element must snap audibly into place when installing this on new clutch master cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten clutch master cylinder bolts to bearing block to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Tighten coupling bolts for hydraulic pipe to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Fill clutch master cylinder with brake fluid.
- Bleed any air from master cylinder .