Electric Fan Switch
The engine cooling fan is controlled by the engine control module (ECM).
- Check to see if the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) is illuminated.
- Check for any active or stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC).
- If the MIL is not illuminated and no DTC is present, the electric fan control module is not setting a code and may be functional.
- Test the fan motor by disconnecting the electric fan at the connector plug.
- Supply 12 volts to the unplugged electric fan motor.
- If fan is not activated, replace fan motor.
- If fan is activated, check for bent, missing, or corroded connector pins at plug connections, missing wire or worn insulation on wires.