Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Remove old gasket material from sealing faces.
Apply a sealing bead of Drei Bond 1209 (refer to BMW Parts Service) to cylinder head.
NOTEMake sure gasket is correctly seated on rear and front ends of cylinder head.
- Install cover bolts and align camshaft cover.
- Hand-tighten all cover bolts without preload. Tighten cap nuts crosswise from inside to outside to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- The installation continues in the reverse of the removal procedure.