Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Attach an engine lift and hoist to engine.
- Remove top left and right nuts on engine mounts
- Raise the engine about 0.15 inch (5mm).
Remove and disconnect the following:
Front splash guard
- Release the screws on the oil pan.
- Move the pan backward when removing.
Remove transmission bolts
- Ensure mating surfaces are clean.
- Install a new gasket and position the oil pan in place.
- Install and tighten the oil pan bolts, but do not fully tighten the transmission end bolts.
- Tighten the engine end bolts, then tighten the transmission end bolts.
- Restore the front axle assembly to position.
Install or connect the following: