Removal & Installation
The rear main bearing oil seal can be replaced after the transmission and flywheel has been removed from the engine.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the transmission fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Coat the sealing lips of the new seal with oil.
Install or connect the following:
New seal into the end cover housing with a suitable seal installation tool
- Fill the transmission with new fluid.
- Start the engine and check that oil pressure is present; if the oil pressure lamp does not extinguish within 5-7 seconds of starting the engine, turn the engine OFF .
- Check and top off all fluid levels.