Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
WARNINGWhen supporting components, make sure that the vehicle can no longer be raised or lowered and that the vehicle does not lift off the locating plates on the lifting platform.
- If necessary, position special tool 00 2 040 with a 2nd person helping on a workshop jack.
Insert special tools 31 4 051 and 31 4 052 into corresponding mountings of special tool 00 2 040.
- Align special tool 00 2 040 to front axle carrier.
- If necessary, lower special tool 33 3 274.
Support front axle carrier by raising special tool 00 2 040.
NOTEPay attention to power steering hoses and lines when lowering and raising. Hoses and lines must not be kinked, tensioned, or bent with force.
- Remove bolts (1) from frame.
- Remove bolts (2) and (3) to release front axle carrier.
- If necessary, disconnect pressure line for power steering from front axle carrier.
Carefully lower front axle carrier with workshop jack.
- Release bolts (1) and twist stabilizer bar towards the front of vehicle.
- Remove retaining bracket (2) and rubber mount (3) on both sides.
Remove stabilizer bar sideways through wheel arch.
Check rubber mount (3) on both sides. Replace if damaged.
NOTEKeep retaining bracket (2), rubber mount (3), and stabilizer bar clean and free from oil and grease.
- Place stabilizer bar into position with rubber mountings and brackets.
- Install stabilizer bar into place with new bolts. Tighten to 42 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Install front axle carrier into place with new bolts. Tighten in order (1), (2), then (3) bolts.
- Installation continues in reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install stabilizer to stabilizer link. Tighten to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm).
- Replace M10 bolts and install reinforcement plate to front axle support/engine carrier. Tighten to 55 ft. lbs. (74 Nm).