- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear seat bench
Remove bolts (1) and remove cover (2) from right side of fuel tank.
Disconnect plug (1) and service vent line (3) from fuel pump assembly along with hose (2).
- Remove hose clamps and detach fuel filler hose from fuel tank.
- Unclip fuel vent line from clips on fuel tank.
- Disconnect fuel feed line and fuel return line at the fittings joining the fuel lines to the front of the vehicle.
Remove bolt and unclip lines from fuel line holder.
NOTEDo not kink fuel lines when moving them aside. Seal the lines with special tools 13 5 281 and 13 5 282.
- Support the fuel tank.
- Remove bolts for fuel tank mounting strap on the left and right sides.
Lower fuel tank until line (1) is accessible.
- Unclip line (1) from the holders.
- Move fuel tank downwards.
Feed out fuel line (2).
NOTEDo not kink fuel line.
- Remove fuel tank.
- Raise fuel tank to a height that will allow the installation of the vehicle-s fuel line through the clips on the tank.
- Clip the fuel lines to the tank.
- Attach the fuel tank mounting straps around the fuel tank. Tighten the bolts in the straps to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
The fuel lines beneath the vehicle
- Fill tank with at least 5 gallons of fuel and test function of fuel pump.
- Check for fuel leakage in fuel delivery system.