Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Raise the fuel level sensor and expose the spiral hose.
Remove the fuel level sensor and fuel pump from the tank.
Always use a new seal or gasket when installing the fuel pump or fuel level gauge sending unit assembly.
- Install the fuel pump into the fuel tank, taking care not to bend or damage the fuel sending unit assembly.
Install a new seal and torque the sealing ring using tool No. 16-1-020 as follows:
- Metal sealing rings: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Plastic sealing rings: 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Fuel lines and service vent line
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks, repair if necessary.