Removal & Installation
This model is equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column, and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
Remove steering column covers. Remove or disconnect the following:
The top section of steering column cover
- If necessary, unlock interlock through bore (1).
- With ignition key, turn to required position R.
Press special tool 32 3 110 into cylinder hole and remove ignition switch and locking cylinder.