Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
Remove upper and lower steering column covers:
- Move steering column into the top, extended position.
Remove expander rivets (1).
NOTEPull center pin approximately 1 / 4 inch (5mm) out of expander rivet (1) to loosen rivet. Expander rivets can be reused. Insert rivet and push in pin until flush.
- Release adjusting lever (2) for steering column.
- Reach into opening underneath and pull off lower section of steering column trim (3) towards bottom.
- Move steering column into the lowered position.
- Remove upper steering column cover.
- Remove the fixture holding the turn signal combination switch:
Remove the turn signal combination switch by pressing locks (1) and feed turn signal combination switch (2) in direction of arrow out of fixture for steering column.
- Press turn signal combination switch into place until a click sound is heard.
- Replace fixture on the steering column. Tighten screws.
- Connect the turn signal combination switch and wiper switch connections.
- Replace upper steering column cover.
- Replace lower steering column cover using the expander rivets to fasten into place.
- Install steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Test function of SRS light, turn signals, light dimmer switch, and wiper switch.