The inner CV-joint is serviced with the axle shaft as an assembly. The inner CV-joint boot can be serviced by removing the outer CV-joint.Outer Joint
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the halfshaft from the vehicle.
- Remove the grease boot clamps and push the boot away from the joint.
- Expand the inner race circlip and pull the CV-joint off of the axle shaft.
- Disassemble the inner race, cage and balls for cleaning and inspection.
- Assemble the inner race, cage and balls into the outer joint housing.
- Expand the circlip and push the joint on to the axle shaft.
- Fill the outer race and the grease boot with CV-joint grease and tighten the boot clamps.
- Install the axle halfshaft.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Push in output shaft over the resistance of the retaining ring until it snaps in place.
NOTEUse a new snap ring on halfshaft spline
Install or connect the following:
- Check the front axle differential fluid level.