Some models have an automatically adjusting parking brake mechanism. For models that are adjusted manually, refer to Parking Brake, Parking Brake Cables adjustment.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove rear disc brake rotor. Refer to Rear Disc Brakes, Rotor removal and installation.
- Release parking brake lever.
- Lock adjuster unit (ASZE):
- Disconnect upper return spring (1) with brake spring pliers.
Disconnect lower return spring with brake spring pliers.
NOTECheck and if necessary replace return spring (1). Pay attention to installation position of adjustment screw (2).
Apply a thin coat of grease to bushing and screw threads.
- Turn clamping pins (1) with special tool 34 4 000 through 90° and disconnect.
Remove brake shoes (2).
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.