- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Set the steering gear in the straight ahead position by aligning the marks on the steering gear and spindle.
- Drain the power steering fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install the steering gear through the left side wheel opening
Install new sealing rings and banjo bolts. Torque the bolts as follows:
- M10: 108 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- M14: 25 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- M16: 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- M18: 34 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Front axle support screws. Torque the screws to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the power steering system.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks, repair if necessary.