- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove accessory drive belts. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts removal and installation.
- Suction off hydraulic fluid from power steering reservoir.
- Remove front underbody protection
- Remove hose clamp (1) with special tool 32 1 260.
Detach suction line (2) from power steering pump (3).
Release banjo bolt (1) and detach pressure line (2) from power steering pump.
- Remove pulley from power steering pump.
- Remove power steering bracket bolts (1) from engine crankcase.
Remove power steering pump (2) with bracket through wheel arch.
Install or connect the following:
Power steering pump. Tighten bracket bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (21 Nm)
- Fill power steering reservoir with hydraulic fluid.
- Install accessory drive belts. Refer to Accessory Drive Belts removal and installation.
- Bleed hydraulic system. Refer to Power Steering Pump bleeding.
- Check pipe connections for leaks.