Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the plastic plugs from the inside of the caliper.
- Disconnect the plug connection for the wear indicator.
- Remove the calipers from the disk.
- Lift out the pad retaining spring from the caliper.
- Use a special tool, 34-1-050, to force piston back into caliper.
- Remove the outer brake pad (the inner pad is held in place with a spring in the piston).
- Apply anti-squeak compound to all mounting surfaces.
- Reposition retaining spring.
- Install calipers.
- Install rear wheels.
- Fully depress brake pedal several times to set proper contact of pads with rotor.
- Hold ignition key for at least 30 seconds in position -1- without starting engine. This clear any fault codes stored in system and prevent the wear indicator light from coming on.
- Bleed brake system. If necessary.