Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Support rear differential
NOTETo avoid damaging the output shaft, it will be necessary to support the trailing arm with the workshop jack.
Support trailing arm from underneath using a workshop jack.
Mark position of eccentric bolt(1) to lower control arm with center marks (2).
- Remove nut and eccentric washer.
- Remove eccentric bolt towards front.
- Remove bolt and remove thread plate (1) downwards.
- Press rear differential to side and remove bolt.
Remove lower control arm at side.
Tighten all joints and rubber bushings with the rear suspension in the normal position. Weld seam of control arm must point upwards.
Install or connect the following:
Thread plate into opening in rear axle carrier. Tighten bolt to 57 ft. lbs. (77 Nm)