Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEIf the centering pin missing, mark the position of studs in relation to wheel arch.
Negative battery cable
- Secure spring so that it doesn-t fall out. Remove mounting nuts. Remove shock absorber downwards out of wheel arch.
- Installation is reverse of removal procedure.
- Replace all bolts and self-locking nuts
Tighten all following fasteners to correct torque specifications:
Spring/strut support: 25 ft. lbs. (30 Nm)
Testing & Inspection
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check the spring for correct height, deformation, deterioration, or damage.
- Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.
- Check for oil seepage around seals.
- Replace as needed.