Check spark plugs for the following:
- Broken insulator
- Worn electrode
- Carbon deposits
- Damaged or broken gasket
- Condition of the porcelain insulator at the tip of the spark plug
- Replace as necessary
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove ignition coils. Refer to Ignition Coil Pack removal and installation.
- Remove spark plug connector from the spark plug.
- Clean loose debris away from area of spark plug to keep contaminants from entering engine when spark plug is removed.
- Remove the spark plug using a spark plug socket and wrench.
- Be sure the spark plug gap is set to 0.028 in. (0.712mm).
- Carefully install the spark plug and tighten to 21-24 ft. lbs. (29-33 Nm).
- Install ignition coils. Refer to Ignition Coil Pack removal and installation.