- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the alternator drive belt.
- Drain the cooling system. Drain plug is located on exhaust side of block, next to cylinder number 2.
Remove the water pump pulley.
- Remove the 4 water pump retaining bolts. Use 2 M6 bolts in holes next to mounting bolt holes and screw in until water pump releases from timing cover.
- When installing, use a new O-ring.
Tighten mounting bolts as follows:
- M6 bolts: 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- M7 bolts: 132 inch lbs. (15 Nm).
- M8 bolts: 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Install water pump pulley.
- Refill cooling system.
- Install the alternator drive belt.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair as necessary.