Air Spring Strut
Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, drain and deactivate the air suspension system as follows:
- Pull the fuse for the air spring system control unit.
- Loosen the banjo bolts of the valve unit (located beneath the right side underbody paneling) until the sound of escaping air can be heard. Retighten the banjo bolts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the wheel well trim.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link from the air spring strut.
- Support the wheel knuckle assembly with a suitable jack, and disconnect the wheel knuckle assembly from the strut assembly.
- If removing the right side strut, remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir from the strut dome.
- Remove the cover cap, if equipped.
Remove the two top mounting nuts and remove the air spring strut assembly.
- Install the air spring strut assembly, using the centering pin to align the strut.
- Using new self-locking nuts, tighten to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the cover cap, if removed.
- Install the washer fluid reservoir, if removed.
- Install the wheel knuckle assembly to the strut assembly. Tighten the new bolt and self-locking nut to 176 ft. lbs. (250 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.
- Reactivate the air suspension system by installing the fuse for the control unit.