Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, drain and deactivate the air suspension system as follows:
- Pull the fuse for the air spring system control unit.
- Loosen the banjo bolts of the valve unit (located beneath the right side underbody paneling) until the sound of escaping air can be heard. Retighten the banjo bolts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the luggage compartment floor trim.
- Disconnect the air line to the springs by pressing the coupling downwards, pressing the retaining ring together and detaching the air line. Remove the top clips.
- Detach the locking clip from the swinging arm to remove the air spring.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.