Removal & Installation
- Remove the transmission assembly. For additional information, please refer to the following topic: -Manual Transmission Assembly, Removal & Installation-.
- Lock the flywheel with Special Tool 11-2-170
- Loosen the bolts and remove the pressure plate from the flywheel assembly.
Remove the driven disc from the flywheel.
- Install Special Tool 21-2-180 to the pressure plate. Locking hooks must engage in the openings of the pressure plate.
- Squeeze the handles of the Special Tool 21-2-180 as far as it will go, and tighten the knurled screws.
- Fit Special Tool 21-2-170 and tighten down the knurled bolt.
- Screw in the spindle until the diaphragm spring is pretensioned up to the stop.
- Install the driven disc to the flywheel using a clutch alignment tool.
- Fit the pressure plate onto the flywheel assembly. Align the dowel pins when installing. Install the plate mounting bolts.
- Release the spindle until the tension is completely removed from the diaphragm spring.
- Release the knurled screws and remove Special Tool 21-2-170 from the pressure plate.
- Release the knurled screws and remove Special Tool 21-2-180 from the pressure plate.
- Remove the clutch alignment tool.
- Install the transmission assembly.