Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Have an assistant depress the brake pedal, and remove the hub nut.
- Remove the front brake rotor.
- Remove the front pulse generator.
- Disconnect the tie-rod ends from the steering knuckle.
Drive out the lower ball joint using Special Tool 33-4-200.
Remove the lower control arm from the steering knuckle using Special Tool 31-2-240.
- Remove the axle shaft. For additional information, refer to the following topic: -Axle Shaft, Bearing & Seal, Removal & Installation-.
- Support the steering knuckle with a suitable jack.
- Remove the mounting nuts and bolts.
Remove the steering knuckle.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Tighten the new bolts and self-locking nuts to 176 ft. lbs. (250 Nm).