There are fuel level sending units in the right and left sides. The procedure is identical for both sides.
- Drain the fuel from the fuel tank through the filler hose.
- Remove the rear bench seat.
- Detach the rubber plug above the sensor and fold back the rubber mat.
- Remove the screws and fold back the metal cover.
- Detach the electrical connector.
Loosen the hose clamps and remove the hoses.
Use Special Tool 16-1-020 to remove the screw cap.
Carefully raise the fuel level sensor until the sensor flange projects out of the sealing area of tank opening.
WARNINGDo not pull excessively on the connecting piece of fuel supply hose.
- Carefully raise the fuel level sending unit and expose the spiral hose.
Remove the fuel level sending unit with the pump assembly from the fuel tank.
- Replace the gasket on the fuel level sending unit.
- Fit the rubber seal over the fuel level sending unit flange.
- Before pressing the sending unit into the tank opening, detach the rubber seal from the flange and then insert into the tank opening.
- Press the fuel level sending unit into the tank opening.
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.