Removal & Installation
3.0L, 4.4L (M62) & 4.6L Engines
The fuel pressure regulator is integrated in the fuel filter assembly.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the left side fuel tank underbody protection.
- Lower the fuel tank underbody protection only until you are able to access the fuel filter/regulator.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the regulator.
Pull out the locking bracket and remove the fuel pressure regulator.
- Replace the o-rings on the regulator. Apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the o-rings before installation.
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.