Removal & Installation
- Move the steering wheel to the straight-ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly disable the air bag system.
Remove the airbag unit as follows:
- Insert a screwdriver through the opening on the rear side of the steering wheel and press down on the lock. If a springy resistance can be felt, press down as far as it will go and pull the airbag unit away from the steering wheel.
- Repeat the procedure on the opposite side.
- Unlock and disconnect the airbag electrical connectors.
- Remove the screws holding the multi-function switch and unclip the trim downwards.
Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the multi-function switch unit.