Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the plate covering the screws, remove the screws and remove the A-pillar trim pieces.
- Remove the left side heater duct.
- Remove the light switch unit.
- Loosen the screws and folder down the instrument gauge cluster to remove.
- Remove the multi-function switch. For additional information, refer to the following topic: -Multi-Function (Combination) Switch, Removal & Installation-.
Remove the center heater ducts.
Remove the radio receiver as follows:
- Remove the volume control knob to expose the bolt. Remove the bolt and pull out the multi-information display.
- Disconnect the wiring harness to the multi-information display.
- Remove the left and right hex bolts and pull out the radio receiver. Disconnect the wiring harnesses.
Remove the passenger side airbag module as follows:
- Remove the passenger airbag trim cover.
- Unplug the airbag wiring harness.
- Remove the mounting bolts and take out the passenger airbag module.
Remove the center console as follows:
- Remove the side trim pieces around the bottom of the center console.
- Remove the top bolt and bolts around the bottom edges of the center console.
- Put the parking brake lever in its up most position.
- Raise the center console from the rear and left over the parking brake lever to remove.
- Feed any wiring harnesses out of the center console.
- Remove the lower left trim from the instrument panel.
- Remove the bottom right trim below the glove compartment.
Remove the glove compartment as follows:
- Raise the glove compartment door slightly and detach the pin from the retaining strap.
- Open the glove compartment door fully and remove the mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the wiring harness, feed the cable out of the holder and remove the glove compartment.
- Remove all of the decorative trim from the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the wiring harnesses for the speakers.
- Remove the mounting bolts for the instrument panel and remove.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.