Power Door Locks
Removal & Installation
Door Lock Motor
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the outside door handle as follows:
- Remove the cover on the outside handle.
- Slacken the nut on the handle.
- Pull the outside handle as far outwards as possible and secure with a screwdriver.
- Pull of the outside handle from the rear lock actuator, then pull off the handle from the front lock actuator.
- Remove the seals for the outside handle.
- Remove the door panel trim with Special Tool 00-9-317 or a suitable trim panel removal tool.
- Unclip the cables for the lock.
- Using the trim panel tool, pry out the sealing bead of sound insulation.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the door lock.
- Unclip the ball head and detach from the cable from the support on the door lock.
- Loosen the bolt through the outside handle opening, and lift out the actuator towards the front.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Use butylene tape to reapply the sound insulation.
The door lock switch is located in the power window switch panel. For additional information, please refer to the following topic: -Power Windows, Window Switch, Removal & Installation-.