- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Completely unscrew one wheel stud on each rear wheel. Turn the wheel until the tapped hole is located at the bottom.
- Turn adjusting screw with a screwdriver until the wheel is no longer able to turn. Then back off the adjusting screw 12 notches.
- Reinstall the wheel studs.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the rear brake rotors. For additional information, refer to the following topic, -Brake Rotor, Removal & Installation-.
- Disconnect the return springs with brake spring pliers.
Twist the clamping pins with Special Tool 34-4-000 90° and disconnect. Remove the parking brake shoes.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Inspect the brake components and replace if necessary.
- After installation, the parking brake shoes must be adjusted.