- Remove the axle shaft. For additional information, refer to the following procedure in this section: -Axle Shaft, Bearing & Seal, Removal & Installation-.
- Press off the sealing cap.
- Remove the boot band and pull the cap down with the boot.
- Remove the snap ring.
- Using Special Tool 26-1-110, rest the bearing inner race on the rib and press out the CV-joint.
- Pull the boot and cap off the axle shaft.
- Replace the boot, fill the proper amount of grease from the repair kit and install onto the axle shaft.
- Coat the sealing surface of the cap with a suitable sealing compound and press onto the CV-joint.
- Install a new snap ring.
- Press the CV-joint and cap assembly over the inner bearing race on the axle shaft.
- Using Special Tool 33-2-100, press the joint assembly onto the axle shaft.
Install new boot bands.