Removal & Installation
- 3.0L, 4.4L (M62) and 4.6L models: Remove the exhaust system.
- 4.4L (N62) and 4.8L models: Remove the center muffler.
- Remove the rear heat shield.
- Remove the driveshaft mounting nuts at the transmission side.
- Remove the mounting nuts at the pinion side.
- With a suitable pry tool, press the CV joint off the input flange of the differential.
- Support the driveshaft center mount, and loosen the center bearing mounting nuts.
- Bend the driveshaft downwards on the center bearing. Slide the driveshaft off the output flange off the transmission, then remove the CV-joint from the differential.
Installation is reverse order of removal. Replace all self-locking nuts with new ones.