Removal & Installation
- Pry the rear driveshaft from the rear differential, or remove the rear driveshaft if necessary.
- Lift out the retaining plate.
- Matchmark the position of the pinion nut on the pinion shaft with a peening tool.
- Secure the pinion flange with Special Tool 23-0-020 and remove the pinion nut.
- Using Special Tool 33-1-150, remove the pinion flange.
Remove the pinion seal with Special Tool 00-5-010.
- Drive in a new pinion seal using Special Tool 00-5-500 and 33-3-470.
- Coat the sealing surfaces of the pinion seal and pinion flange with differential oil.
- Fit the pinion flange and drive it on with Special Tools 23-1-300, 302, 303 and 33-1-341.
- Tighten the pinion nut until the matchmarks are aligned.
- Drive in a new retaining plate using Special Tools 00-5-500 and 33-3-480.
- Install the rear driveshaft.
Drain and refill the differential oil to the correct level.