- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
Remove the self-locking nut and force the tie rod-end the steering knuckle using Special Tool 32-3-090.
- Measure the distance (A) shown in the illustration as a reference for installation.
Release the clamping nut and screw off the tie-rod end.
- Mount the clamping ring if removed.
- Screw in the tie-rod end in to the distance measured in the removal step.
- Tighten the clamping ring to 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.