Removal & Installation
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the left front wheel.
Remove the left front wheelhouse extension.
CAUTIONThe area around the electronic brake control module (EBCM) must be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled antilock brake system (ABS) components.
- Thoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EBCM.
- Rotate the EBCM connector tab up to the unlocked position.
- Remove the EBCM connector position assurance from the EBCM electrical connector.
- Disconnect the EBCM electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Disconnect the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) electrical connector from the EBCM.
- Remove the 6 EBCM to BPMV screws.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV.
- Clean the seal surface of the BPMV.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the 6 EBCM to BPMV screws and tighten to 28 inch lbs. (3.2 Nm).
- Connect the BPMV electrical connector to the EBCM.
- Connect the EBCM electrical connector to the EBCM.
- Install the EBCM connector position assurance to the EBCM electrical connector.
- Rotate the EBCM connector tab down to the locked position.
- Install the left front wheelhouse extension.
- Install the left front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- If a replacement EBCM is being installed, it must be programmed using the latest software matching the vehicle.
- Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
- Use Tech 2 scanner to program and setup the EBCM.