Ignition Coil Module
- Turn the ignition OFF.
- Disconnect the 14-way connector from the ignition control module (ICM).
- Disconnect the spark plug wires from the coil assemblies. Before removing the wires, note the position of the wires .
- Remove the screws that secure the coil assemblies to the ICM.
- Remove the coils and the ICM from the bracket.
- Attach the coils and the ignition control module to the bracket.
- Install the screws that retain the ignition coils and the ICM to the bracket and tighten to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires.
- Connect the 14-way connector to the module.
- Remove the ignition coil cassette.
- Remove the ignition control module retaining screws.
- Remove the ignition control module.
Install the ignition control module.
NOTEBe sure the ignition cassette grounding spring and insulator are in place when installing the ignition cassette.
- Connect the spark plug boots to the spark plugs.
- Install the ignition cassette.