Removal & Installation
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the 8 bolts attaching the flywheel to the crankshaft flange. Discard the bolts.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the crankshaft mating surfaces for burrs.
- Clean and inspect the engine flywheel.
- Install the flywheel.
- Install the flywheel bolts and tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm). plus an additional 50 degrees.
- Install a dial indicator to the engine block.
- Check the flywheel runout at the 3 attaching bosses. Ensure that the crankshaft end-play is held in one direction when checking flywheel runout. Flywheel runout should not exceed 0.015 inch (0.381 mm).
- If flywheel runout is out of specification, tap on the high side with a mallet in order to correct runout.
- Replace the flywheel if runout cannot be corrected.
- Install the transaxle.