Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain oil into an approved container.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the oil pan and cylinder block mating surfaces.
Install or connect the following:
Oil pan with a new gasket and torque the bolts to 125 inch lbs. (14 Nm)
- Refill the crankcase.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the front exhaust manifold pipe.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the engine oil level sensor.
- Remove the engine oil level sensor from the oil pan.
Remove the oil pan bolts.
NOTEThe oil pan gasket is reusable unless damaged. Do not remove the gasket from the oil pan groove unless replacement is required.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Clean and inspect the oil pan.
If required, install a new oil pan seal using the following procedure:
- Clean any residual oil from the seal groove.
- Work the seal into the pan groove in both directions around the pan.
- Position the oil pan to the crankcase. Install the oil pan retaining bolts. Tighten the oil pan bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) in the sequence shown.
- Install the engine oil level sensor into the oil pan. Tighten the engine oil level sensor to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the engine oil level sensor.
- Install the front exhaust manifold pipe.
- Fill the engine oil.
- Inspect for oil leaks after engine start up.