Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Remove the wheel bearing bearing/hub from the vehicle.
- Remove the outer tie rod end retaining nut.
- Using a puller, separate the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the lower ball joint cotter pin and retaining nut.
- Using a ball joint separator, separate the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the front strut to steering knuckle retaining bolts and nuts.
- Remove the steering knuckle from the vehicle.
- Install the steering knuckle to the lower ball joint.
Install lower ball joint retaining nut and tighten it to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm), plus an additional 180 degrees.
NOTEDo not exceed two slots during cotter pin alignment.
- Continue to tighten the ball joint nut for cotter pin alignment and install the cotter pin.
- Install the outer tie rod end to the steering knuckle and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm), plus an additional 180 degrees.
- Install the steering knuckle to the strut mounting bolts and nuts and tighten to 108 ft. lbs. (147 Nm).
- Install the hub and bearing to the steering knuckle/drive axle.
- Install the brake rotor.
- Install the drive axle nut.
- Insert a drift or screwdriver into the caliper and rotor to prevent the rotor from turning.
- Tighten the drive axle nut to 118 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel.
- Align the vehicle.