Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
Fuel injector with new O-rings, coat the o-rings with clean engine oil prior to installation
If the fuel injectors are leaking, the engine oil may be contaminated with fuel.
- Remove the fuel rail.
- Remove the fuel injector by pushing the locking tab on the fuel rail toward the center of the fuel rail.
- Remove the fuel injector upper O-ring.
- Remove the fuel injector lower O-ring.
- Discard the injector O-ring seals.
In order to reduce the risk of fire and personal injury that may result from a fuel leak, always install the fuel injector O-rings in the proper position. If the upper and lower O-rings are different colors (black and blue), be sure to install the blue O-ring in the upper position and the black O-ring in the lower position on the fuel injector. The O-rings are the same size but are made of different materials.
The fuel injector O-rings should always be replaced whenever the fuel injectors are serviced. Be sure to install the correct O-ring for the fuel injector. If the O-ring is not seated properly, a vacuum leak is possible and driveability complaints may occur.
- Lubricate the new upper and lower O-rings with clean engine oil.
- Install the new upper and lower injector O-rings on the fuel injector.
- Install the fuel injector on to the fuel rail.
- Install the fuel rail.