Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Drain the fuel tank.
Remove or disconnect the following:
CAUTIONWhen removing the fuel sender from the tank, the reservoir bucket is full of fuel. Use caution in containing the fuel.
NOTENote the direction the strainer is pointing.
Negative battery cable
Sender retaining ring
Strainer from the pump by pulling it down and twisting
- Transfer any insulators and grommets from the old pump to the new one.
- Connect the pump to the fuel hose and tilt the bottom of the pump into the mounting bracket.
Install or connect the following:
New strainer on the pump so it points in the same direction as noted during removal
- Refill with fuel and check for leaks.