- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from remote negative terminal on shock tower and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Glove box assembly
Install or connect the following:
NOTELubricate the damper motor's slide contacts with multi-purpose grease
Blower assembly into duct
Blower fan and motor into the plenum and reconnect the electrical plug
The blower motor is located on the right side of the heater housing.
- Disconnect battery.
- Remove the lower right under panel silencer duct.
- Remove the blower motor connector from resistor block.
- Remove the blower motor case retaining screws.
- Lower blower motor case from housing
- Remove the fan scroll from motor shaft.
Remove the motor from motor case.
- Install the in reverse order of removal.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
Remove the instrument panel silencer from the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Remove two push-in fasteners under right end of instrument panel.
- Maneuver part off center floor distribution duct to remove.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor.
- Remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing by rotating and tilting the motor as needed for clearance of the blower wheel.
- Position the blower motor into the HVAC housing.
- Install the three screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor.
- Install the instrument panel silencer onto the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.