Bleeding The Hydraulic System
There are two basic methods to bleed the clutch hydraulic system; pressure bleeding and the two-person method. The two-person method is performed as follows:
- Fill the clutch fluid.
- Have a helper sit in the driver's seat.
- Attach a hose to the slave cylinder bleed screw and put the end of the hose into a bottle of clean clutch fluid.
- Have the helper depress the clutch pedal.
- Slowly loosen the bleed screw and leave it open until the system loses pressure.
- Tighten the bleed screw.
- Repeat the process until no more dirty fluid and/or air bubbles escape.
- Tighten the bleed screw, check for leaks and repair if necessary.