To disassemble the master cylinder remove or detach the following:
To inspect the master cylinder and its parts:
Assemble in the following order:
- Lubricate piston assembly with clutch fluid and insert into the master cylinder
- Compress the piston with a suitable tool and install the retention snap ring.
- Lubricate the rubber boot with rubber-compatible grease and install on the master cylinder.
- Adjust the clevis so that the center of its hole is 4.69 inches (119.25mm) from the master cylinder flange.
Removal & Installation
- Drain the clutch fluid
- Remove clutch master cylinder cap
- Attach a hose to the slave cylinder bleed screw and insert the hose into a clean container
- Loosen the bleed screw
Remove or disconnect the following:
- The fluid reservoir will need to be moved over to a new or rebuilt clutch master cylinder during replacement.
- When installing the master cylinder it should be bled before the clutch tube is reconnected.
- Install the master cylinder and torque the nuts to 22 inch lbs. (13 Nm).
- Attach the reservoir bracket, tank and hose.
- Attach a bench bleeding hose to the master cylinder's port, fill the reservoir with fluid and pump and release the clutch pedal until no more air bubbles are seen in the reservoir.
- Install the clutch tube and bleed the slave cylinder.