Removal & Installation
- Remove the front strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Disassemble the strut assembly until the upper mounting bracket is removed from the coil spring.
- Remove the 2 bolts attaching the upper control arm to the bushings in the upper mounting bracket.
Remove the upper control arm from the mounting bracket.
- Install the upper control arm on the upper (strut absorber/upper control arm) mounting bracket.
Install the 2 bolts attaching the upper control arm to the bushings in the mounting bracket.
WARNINGFor clearance reasons the control arm mounting bolts must be installed from center, so the heads are toward the coil spring when it is installed. Otherwise the bolts may rub the coil spring, damaging it.
- Install the control arm mounting bolt nuts. Position the control arm at a 90° angle to the mounting bracket and tighten the bolts to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Reinstall the upper mounting bracket and control arm on the coil spring. Reassemble the front strut assembly.
- Reinstall the front strut assembly on the vehicle.
Before servicing the vehicle, also refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.