- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from remote negative terminal on shock tower and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Remove fuel pump module.
Depress retaining tab and remove the fuel pump/level sensor connector from the
of the fuel pump module electrical connector.
NOTEThe pump module harness on top of the flange is not serviceable or removable
- Using Special Tool C-4334 or a suitable terminal remover, remove terminals from level sensor connector.
- Insert a screwdriver between the fuel pump module and the top of the level sensor housing.
- Push level sensor down slightly.
- Slide level sensor wires through opening fuel pump module.
Slide level sensor out of channel in module.
- Insert level sensor wires into bottom of opening in module.
- Wrap wires into groove in back of level sensor
- While feeding wires into guide grooves, slide level sensor up into channel until it snaps into place
- Ensure tab at bottom of sensor locks in place
- Install level sensor wires in connector. Push the wires up through the connector and then pull them down until they lock in place.
- Ensure signal and ground wires are installed in the correct position
- Install locking wedge on connector.
- Push connector up into bottom of fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Install fuel pump module. Refer to Fuel Pump Module in this section.
- Reconnect battery.