Fuel Rail (Supply Manifold) & Injectors
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Install or connect the following
Grommets, O-rings and injectors to the fuel rail
- Use a drop of engine oil on the new O-rings and install the injector into the fuel rail using a left-right twisting motion.
After it is installed, make sure the injector turns freely. If it does not, the O-ring may be pinched.
WARNINGDo not get engine oil into the fuel rail.
Vacuum hose connections
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.